THEY ARE HOPING TO HAVE IT BY THE MIDDLE OF JANUARY 2016. WE WILL UPDATE WHEN WE KNOW MORE!
Today was a busy day. Well, that pretty much describes every day. But, it was a FUN busy day! I was out testing equipment. I started out with the Clam Sixpack 1660 Mag Thermal pop-up ice fishing shelter, and I ended strong with the Strikemaster Lithium Lazer Ice Auger. I made videos and spent the last several hours editing, uploading, cussing, losing data, and starting over. Stupid computer – I had much more fun on the ice.
The Strikemaster Lithium Lazer Ice Auger is an impressive beast. I say that figuratively more intending to describe its prowess as a serious contender for electric ice auger champion of the world. I was impressed. What a difference 10 volts can make. I drilled 25 holes pretty much back to back but for stopping to reset up the video camera and turn it on. The Lithium Ion battery in this Strikermaster didn’t really appear to quit. Granted, I was in what initially appeared to be 8-10 inches of ice, inside the Clam ice shelter, but then it looks like I hit a thicker patch of maybe 10-12 inches outside of the tent. Let’s put it this way: Who cares? I learned a some really important things about this new electric ice auger.
- I really liked it.
- It’s WAY fast enough for me.
- Based on the remaining charge, it could have easily drilled 25 more holes.
- Based on my age, I really liked its light weight of 24 pounds
- Based on my age, I could not have drilled another 25 holes
- Who the hell needs more than 25 holes?
- Lithium Lazer performs like like a gas auger with no mess
- The battery re-charges in 2 hours flat
- It costs more than the ION ice auger, but I think it has more “Ooomph!”
The people who will end up owning this workhorse will be quite pleased.
Now, in case, you don’t know what drilling 25 holes looks like with a 50 Volt lithium ion battery powered ice auger, I made this video. It’s 6 minutes and 25 seconds of ice drilling fun with the Strikemaster Lithium Lazer Ice Auger. What more do you need?